Thursday, January 31, 2013

Coffee anyone?!

So, I guess the most recent update is that I got a job at Starbucks!!! I'm super excited to have the opportunity to meet some new people, work with some great people and reap the awesomeness otherwise known as "Starbucks Benefits!" Getting health benefits through them will mean that I do not need to purchase benefits through OSU, which is great because it's $3,000 a semester!!! That money can now go towards our adoption. The other awesome thing is that Starbucks offers financial support to help with adoption expenses and offers up to $4,000! I am super excited to have this opportunity and really feel the Lord's hand in all of it so far. I am not going to give up my nanny position, I'm just going to do both for a while :) 



As far as the adoption goes, we have submitted a draft of the paperwork that needs to be filed with the state of Ohio. They are really particular about how the form is filled out so our agency "screens it" for us before we send it off.  As soon as the draft is approved, we will officially begin our home study! 

This last week has been amazing. It's only been one week since we started our journey, but it feels like we have done SO MUCH. It's been awesome having my little brother, Louie, here with us :) He has been such a help and so fun to hang around with. I love him so much! Needless to say, I am feeling very blessed!

~Celeste


3 comments:

  1. I know!! I am so excited :) I just hope the new job doesn't conflict with the Women's Retreat. I will have to talk to my manager...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so proud of you meatball!

    ReplyDelete